Southside Automotive Inc. has been a staple of the Marquette automotive scene since 2007. We’ve spent this time proudly serving the Marquette area and have become a valued part of the community. Whether you need general upkeep and maintenance or a complete vehicle overhaul, we have been there to provide excellent service and trustworthy advice.
Our customers return to us whenever they have an issue or even a small concern about their vehicle because they know that they’ll receive the very best in automotive care. Our highly trained technicians allow us to provide solutions to a wide range of problems, getting you back on the road quickly without breaking the bank on repairs. Southside Automotive Inc. specializes in General Services, Car & Truck Care, Undercar Services, Alignment, Brakes, Engine & Transmission, Engine Maintenance, Transmission Services, 4×4 Services, Heating and Cooling Services, Electrical Services, Electronic Services, Miscellaneous Services, Domestic Cars & Trucks, Import Cars & Trucks and Towing and we are proud to help our customers get our safely on the road.
Stop in or give us a call at 906-249-9219 to let us know how we can help you!
Today’s cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner’s manual to learn about the vehicle’s systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don’t ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it’s been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don’t rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Very Professional and Polite
"Very professional and polite. They went beyond what was expected compared to any experience at other vehicle repair shops. I would recommend Southside Automotive for your next maintenance or repair needs."
- Nicholas Y -
Go The Extra Mile
"Wally and Marty, always have a smile on their faces and go the extra mile to make sure everyone is happy!"
- Benjamin M -
Pleased With The Service
"Great place! Super nice people, and pleased with the service."
- Brady G -
Get In Touch
MON 8 AM - 5:30 PM
TUES 8 AM - 5:30 PM
WED 8 AM - 5:30 PM
THUR 8 AM - 5:30 PM
FRI 8 AM - 4:30 PM
SAT/SUN - Closed
SEND US A MESSAGE
Reach out to us at the address listed, by phone or by filling out the form below.